September 18, 2023
Sinks are important elements of decoration, playing a prominent role in bathrooms and toilets. In today's post we will tell you some of the keys to choosing the best sink and explore the different design possibilities.
Many question can arise when building or renovating a bathroom, especially about the general design of the different elements. Here are a few points to consider when seeking to choose the perfect sink model.
- Style and design: sinks should be adapted to the style of the bathroom, as they play a significant role in its overall aesthetics.
- Materials and textures: stone, ceramic and solid surface are some of the materials of which sinks can be composed. A rough or raised texture can give a sink a lot of character.
- Color: blue, pink, green, brown. The color options for a sink are diverse and decisive for the interior design. You can choose between a neutral tone that complements the bathroom, or a vibrant color with a unique design to make it the focal point.
- Shape and size: the shape and size of this element are very important factors. For smaller spaces, smaller sinks are usually superior. Sinks with the most spectacular and elegant shapes (Vitae collection, designed by Zaha Hadid for Noken) are reserved for the largest bathrooms.
- Faucets and accessories: the bathroom faucet and other additional elements that accompany the sink, such as the towel dryer or the toilet paper holder, also contribute to the aesthetics of the environment. We will examine this issue a littler further later.
- Storage and organization: some of these pieces are designed with integrated storage areas or can be combined with cabinets. Like the previous point, we will look at this separately.
- Lighting: proper lighting over or around the sink can highlight its beauty and emphasize its importance in the overall bathroom decor.
There are a wide variety of styles for bathroom sinks: from elegant built-in and countertop sinks to classic pedestal sinks and minimalist inset sinks. Each sink offers a unique aesthetic and adapts to different bathroom sizes and designs, providing versatility and style.
Countertop sink: is placed directly on the countertop or on the bathroom cabinet. There is a wide variety of designs and materials. For this option, the installation of high spout faucets is recommended.
Small sinks: pedestal type sinks are the ideal choice for small spaces or courtesy toilets, as they do not include cabinetry and provide a sophisticated and elegant air.
Suspended sink: Set on the wall, these sinks save space and provide a contemporary style. Its design exposes the plumbing, facilitating its maintenance.
Built-in or undercounter sink: these are installed flush or under the countertop, providing a clean look and visual continuity of the surface. They are easily cleaned and offer a minimalist look.
Console sink: this type is usually mounted in an open structure, providing an elegant and clean image.
Double sink: the double sink model allows two people to use the bathroom at the same time.
Bowl sink: the deep bowl shape makes them an attractive and modern choice.
Stone sinks: these are made with materials such as marble or granite, giving them an exclusive and rustic appearance. They are an option that remains durable over a long time.
Modern sinks: straight lines and a minimalist design are often incorporated in contemporary interior design spaces or in styles that break with convention. The shape, whether square, rectangular, round or oval, will depend on the overall style of the bathroom.
Bathroom furnishings with a sink must be functional, while also aligning with the aesthetics of the room. Note that the sink unit must be combined with other bathroom elements (mirror, lighting and tap) to create a harmonious set.
Each sink unit offers different advantages and unique features. Therefore, your choice will be made based on your design tastes and your storage requirements. If you need more space, you can add additional drawers, organizers and shelves.
If you have a small bathroom, the sink furniture is a smart choice, as they make the most of the space. When integrating the sink into the unit, you want additional storage space without sacrificing aesthetics.
Opting for faucets and fixtures that match in style and finish creates a more cohesive and harmonious look. The right combination of sink and faucet is important for achieving an aesthetic and functional design in your bathroom.
The multitude of designs and types of faucets allows their adaptation to the needs and particularities of each residential or commercial project. Some have motion sensors, promoting hygiene and reducing the spread of germs. Others have water saving systems. In this post you can find out about the different types of faucets.
In short, the sink is an essential component in the bathroom that must be perfectly integrated with the furniture and the corresponding faucet. By maintaining a consistent style between these elements, you will achieve a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere in your bathroom.