November 1, 2023
Our needs evolve and, with them, those of our home. Sometimes, bathrooms become outdated, and we need to improve their functionality. We then adapt these rooms to our needs and update their aesthetics.
For some time now, we no longer live in our home's rooms. We rather live them. Decoration helps us make them our own. This is the case with the bathroom. With a careful interior design of this room, you can increase the value of your home and feel comfortable.
Unlike what we tend to think, we won't always need to undergo considerable works. We can renovate a bathroom without works by just changing some of its elements. This way, we give the room a more modern feel.
Renovating a bathroom without works involves some limitations in terms of changing certain elements. However, this in no case means that the renovation will not be perceived at a first glance. Either way, you can change your bathroom completely without generating rubble.
In a bathroom renovation without works, you don't need to change the drains or toilets. Bar these two issues, you can do whatever you want to give your bathroom a completely new look.
Renovating a bathroom without removing tiles is an effective way of improving any home's appearance and functionality. However, it often involves a significant amount of resources and time. A good alternative is flooring for bathrooms without works.
Please note, that in any of these four flooring options, you'll have to shave the bottom part of the door. In addition, when installing over other ceramic pieces, you'll have to use adhesive and bonding materials, as well as spacers (Butech). These are the different flooring alternatives you can choose from to renovate a bathroom without works:
- Vinyl flooring. It's a very common choice due to its immense decorative value. Vinyl flooring for bathrooms that are placed over tiles effectively absorb water and resist humidity. Linkfloor by L'Antic Colonial is quick and easy to install. It features a wide range of designs that simulate fabric, natural wood or stone.
- Laminate flooring. A selection of L'Antic Colonial laminate flooring is suitable for kitchens and bathrooms. Its composition provides it with humidity-resistant properties. Hermetically sealing the joints prevents water from penetrating. It's also quick and easy to install.
– Large-format porcelain tile. With zero water absorption, XLIGHT (6-mm thick) is a flooring option for bathrooms without works. In addition, it's very quick and easy to install over the existing flooring, also thanks to the Super-prim primer and Super-Flex s2 adhesive materials.
– Sintered stone. XTONE has similar technical characteristics as XLIGHT porcelain, providing it almost the same advantages. Cementitious adhesives and joints are also required for installation.
Renovating a bathroom is an exciting project, as it completely transforms a space. Walls are essential parts in the bathroom, as they are a decorative element. We'll tell you which options you can choose from to update and revitalise your bathroom's look.
– Wallpaper. It's an appropriate cladding to place over tiles in bathrooms, particularly vinyl types, such as Skins Wallpaper by L'Antic Colonial. If you want to update the look of a bathroom without removing the tiles and replacing them, this is an excellent option. This material is humidity resistant.
– Aluminum panels. It's ideal for cladding walls in the bathroom without works. It provides a change of decoration without the need for any building work, and it's a quick and clean option. Alluslate® by Krion is the best ally. It can be applied on shower or sink walls, as it's waterproof.
– Large-format porcelain tile. It's thin (6 mm), so it doesn't overload the walls. It stands out for its zero-porosity and water-absorption properties. PORCELANOSA's large-format porcelain tile, XLIGHT, is another perfect wall tile for the bathroom without works.
– Sintered stone. It has similar characteristics to porcelain tiles. XTONE is another cladding option for installing over bathrooms tiles, when using suitable installation and bonding systems. It can also be used as a structural element for sinks, tubs or shower trays.
All these options help you achieve an impressive change in your bathroom. And you won't need to bring down walls or alter the room's existing configuration.
As you have seen, there are many options to choose from when wanting to give a new look to an outdated bathroom. And you can renovate bathrooms without any works or any cumbersome interventions.
Renovating a bathroom without works can provide a modern and renewed look, without having to carry out major interventions, remove wall tiles or change drains.
If you want to change the toilet in your bathroom, you'll have to do the same as with the rest of the toilets. Installing a more modern toilet and leaving the old bidet or sink will not improve your bathroom's overall look. Although we're talking about renovating a bathroom without works, we are looking for a drastic visual change.
There are currently many modern toilets, with the tank facing the wall, suspended or in colors. Choosing a more current option will give your bathroom a new image.
The sink and vanity unit can also be changed without any works. If you have an old pedestal sink, a very interesting option would be to change it for a more modern sink. Do so by installing a wall-mounted unit or a countertop sink. The result will be a more modern bathroom with more storage space, and the sink will take on a more prominent role.
It's essential that you pay attention to the faucet and choose the right one for the desired style. You can also install a modern mirror or one with indirect LED lighting. These two options provide a contemporary, distinguished look to the bathroom. At the same time, they offer a more welcoming atmosphere and further functionality.
Renovating your tub or shower, or changing one for another, is also an option for a bathroom without works. It's also one of the most versatile areas in the bathroom, thanks to the multiple options you can choose from.
Whether you have a tub or a shower, a simple option to update your bathroom without works is to install a shower screen with a special finish or one that is foldable. Installing this element will give the bathroom a sense of spaciousness and cleanliness. We'll also discard the shower curtains, which are not too hygienic.
If you already have a shower tray, you can change it for a more modern one. There are all types of shower trays (acrylic, fiberglass, resin, etc.). At Noken, you can find very interesting and modern options to update your shower tray. Shower trays finished with Finish Studio, which evoke natural textures on the surface, are a good example.
Another option, although requiring some building work, is to change the tub for a shower. In this other blog article, we tell you how to install a shower if you decide so.
As you have seen, renovating a bathroom without works is possible. And there are many changes you can make to give a new look to such an important room in the house. With some simple changes and a good dose of creativity, you can transform your bathroom into a renewed and attractive space.