When it comes to modern homes, simplicity is the way to go, and it’s easy to understand why. People’s life is becoming more and more stressful nowadays. Therefore, we tend to declutter our home to create a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere that helps us disconnect from work and recharge our batteries.
Probably you have ever heard several rules to follow when designing a minimalist house, such as, for example, using light colours, mainly white, creating open spaces or choosing natural materials. But, what if we introduce a bit of black? In this regard, the house of @_elodierose_ proves that black is the trendiest colour that never goes out of fashion. Here are some reasons why you should use it in your home.
1. Black always makes a statement
If you want to add a splash of colour into your bedroom without risking too much, paint a wall black, creating an accent wall that inevitably will become the focal point of the setting. You can also add a little contrast by combining it with vivid tone bedding, like the one in the photo.
2. It goes with everything
Black combines with nearly any other colour to create a classic, impressive effect that will bring instant sophistication and elegance to your room, even more, if you merge it with white and gold tones.
3. It provides an original aesthetic that outlasts trends
The matte black finish has emerged as a sophisticated and modern option that matches perfectly with natural tiles and lighter shades. Versatile and highly elegant, this finish embellishes contemporary and minimalist styles thanks to its feeling of comfort
4. It brings contrast and modernity to a room
Black and white are a perfect colour combination for any decorating style, but it works particularly well in modern houses. This mix will always be a point of distinction, a sign of class. The detail lies in finding the ideal proportion when it comes to combining them. The harmony and balance of our interiors will depend on this.
5. It creates a calming ambience
The black colour is capable of generating silence, quiet and calm by itself, without the need for any further elements. Therefore, it is advisable to use it in spaces such a the bathroom, using large panels and other accessories such as the vanity that provide visual continuity.
Do you want to get the look?
- Open Concept Kitchen and Living Room: Cube Pulido / Prisma Bronce / Kitchen worktop made of KRION™
- Bedroom: Carrara Blanco Brillo
- Main Bathroom: Savage Dark Nature / Single lever basin mixer trim kit / Floor mounted single lever bath shower mixer / Square 35 cm. rain shower head / Lounge Oval Bath / Thermostatic Smart Box NK Concept
- Secondary Bathroom: Carrara Blanco Brillo / Marmol Carrara Blanco / Single lever basin mixer trim kit / Square 35 cm. rain shower head / Thermostatic Smart Box NK Concept