The Marchioness of Griñón cooks with PORCELANOSA Kitchens, preparing parmentier potatoes with boletus, poached egg and truffle as a starter for her menu.
Christmas Day is one of the most important days in the year. Apart from its religious connotations and established conventions, this is a day to celebrate and enjoy every moment with the family and to take the time to prepare dishes that are special.
To surprise her guests and not spend too much time in the kitchen, Tamara Falcó proposes parmentier potato with boletus, poached egg and truffle. A recipe that is "attractive and very easy to make", which the winner of MasterChef Celebrity 4 explains how to prepare in one of PORCELANOSA's kitchens.
Here's how to make this delicious dish.
Ingredients for 4 people
• 4 fresh eggs.
• Wine vinegar.
• 1 tuber melanosporum truffle.
• Maldon salt.
• Extra-virgin olive oil.
• 500 gr. of cooked potato.
• 250 gr. butter.
• 200 ml. milk.
• 1 kg. boletus edulis.
• 1 l. Dark beef stock.
Preparation (45 minutes)
- Put cold water, salt and potatoes with their skin in a pot, and bring to the boil. Boil the potatoes over high heat until they are tender (approx. 30 minutes). Remove the skin.
- Pass the potatoes through a food mill or sieve.
- When the potato is mashed and creamy, put it in a medium pot over a low heat and gradually add the cold butter. When the butter has melted into the potato, add the hot milk very slowly (not all) until you have the creamy texture you want.
- Adjust seasoning when it has cooled down.
- Put cling film over the surface of the potato.
- Reduce the stock to a demiglace and set aside.
- Clean the boletus and cut them into pieces. Sauté them over high heat and add the demiglace at the end. Stir to mix the ingredients. Add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Cook the egg in simmering water with a generous dash of vinegar, sliding it gently onto the surface. Remove when the white is cooked but the yolk has not yet set.
- Put the parmentier on the plate first. Place the egg on top in the centre with the boletus around it.
- Add sliced truffle, some extra-virgin olive oil and Maldon salt flakes.