This cementitious product allows outdoor and indoor areas to be insulated, and it avoids the need for screeds between the waterproofing membrane and the ceramic floor tiles.
Its 3mm thickness is designed for ceramic structures, vitreous mosaics and natural stone which come into contact with water.
Based on the R + D + i and new technologies, Butech has developed a new waterproofing product for outdoor areas, namely: Sylastic. A new product that is a cement-based mortar which, mixed with a specific latex and applied in two layers, results in all types of ceramic laying surfaces becoming waterproofed.
The obtained mortar is applied with a trowel on surfaces previously moistened with water. Through this process, an excellent adhesion is achieved on: concrete, screeds and cement-based plaster; as well as ceramic and natural stone. With Sylastic, plastering can be done up to a thickness of 1.5mm per layer, which is reinforced with a fiberglass mesh.
The use of Sylastic is recommended in:
- Pools and facilities which are in direct contact with water.
- Waterproofing bathrooms and showers.
- Spas or atmospheres with permanent humidity.
- Outdoor areas and balconies.
- Cisterns and tanks which are in direct contact with water.
- Repairing concrete slabs and cracked plaster.
- Adhesion promoter on existing wall tiles, wood and metal supports.
Qualities that enhance adhesion and chemical resistance, which keep the state of the floor intact, even if it comes into contact with water.