August 29, 2023 | Updated: 28 September 2023
The days getting shorter is an indication that the summer season is coming to an end, meaning we will soon be returning home and back to the routine. In our post today, we show you what to look out for and what to do to make your home shine again.
Ceramics, natural stone and wood. It doesn't matter what material. They all need regular maintenance so that their appearance is not altered over time.
Ceramic is a material with superb aesthetic and technical performance. As well as giving visual continuity to walls and floors, large format tiles measuring from 120 cm x 120 cm allow for fewer joints, making cleaning easier.
For the ordinary cleaning of PORCELANOSA ceramics, we recommend that you follow these tips:
- Use a microfibre cloth or sponge moistened with very hot water.
- Use neutral cleaning products.
- Rinse with sufficient water to ensure that the dirt is removed.
To wash bathroom ceramics, we suggest the following regular cleaning:
- Use a suitable detergent product to remove any soap or limescale stains that may have developed.
- Leave it at rest for a few minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
This material and its derivatives such as parquetry, laminate flooring, wood panels or wood mosaics, by L'Antic Colonial, are subject to the climatic conditions of the space where it is laid. Here we give you some tips to get the maximum performance from wood and keep your wood flooring and cladding in perfect condition.
- Keep the product within the recommended humidity and temperature conditions, with a temperature between 20-23ºC.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the wood by placing curtains or blinds. This prevents discolouration and fading of furniture and floors.
Note: changes in humidity in the environment cause the natural wood to shrink or expand. To prevent or reduce these changes, use a dehumidifier or ventilation.
If you have radiant heating and water tube cooling systems under the floor tiles:
- An effective control system prevents the penetration of condensed water from the air into the floor, avoiding uncontrolled wetting of the wood that could damage the floor with deformations, cracks or gaps.
- To ensure comfort, the floor surface temperature should be between 20 and 27°C maximum.
Sintered stone is an ideal choice for any interior or exterior space. Its composition and excellent performance make cleaning and maintenance a breeze. To keep your sintered stone slabs looking as good as new, follow these recommendations:
- It is advisable to clean the surface with a washing solution, using a neutral (ammonia-based) cleaner at the dosage recommended by the manufacturer. Afterwards a dry cloth without waxy additives should be used.
- To prevent the polished finish (XTONE) from fading over time, it is recommended to use water-based creams and white polish to restore the original finish of the material.
- For the maintenance of wall tiles, use neutral detergents or special products. Oil or coffee residues may be present on these surfaces.
Note: Special attention should be paid to sintered stone surfaces with polished and silk finishes, especially in plain and light colours. For daily cleaning, a slightly damp cloth should be used and products containing waxes should be avoided as they may cause shadows on the surfaces.
The drains of shower trays and terraces, especially if they have been installed on Butech raised outdoor flooring require a certain amount of maintenance:
- When you return from your holidays, give this important element of your shower or bathtub a thorough cleaning, which will help you to remove any obstacles that may hinder the flow of water.
- Refill the siphons with water from the drains, as with the passage of time and especially with high temperatures they become empty and can generate bad odours.
These are an essential part of any bathroom and require maximum hygiene. Rimless toilets (Rimless NK-Clean) ensure effective cleaning of the element in question. This system allows the water to circulate strongly inside the bowl and reach every corner.
For better cleaning of the sanitary ware, the removable seats (Lift Up technology, by Noken) guarantee an easier disinfection and maintenance of this equipment. Discover in this post how to clean all the elements of the bathroom.
Don't forget to place candles or air fresheners in the bathroom to provide a relaxing feeling and a soft scent to the room.
Note: If you are in any doubt about how to clean a material, please consult the technical data sheet of the product in question.
After the holidays is the perfect time to prepare your wardrobe for winter. Taking advantage of the fact that we have a lot of clothes to wash after the holidays, it's a great idea to empty the wardrobe. With these tips you will surely be able to make better use of the space in your wardrobe or dressing room:
- Divide your clothes into different piles to get an overview of what you use and what you can donate or recycle.
- Deep clean coat racks and wardrobe drawers, including all the nooks and crannies that you don't notice during the rest of the year.
- Once you know what you're keeping, organise your clothes into piles, according to colour, use or type of garment.
- Consider the interior configuration of the wardrobe and analyse what your needs are and how you are going to store your belongings. This way, you will make the most of the space.
- Reserve an area of the shelves for stacking T-shirts and jumpers.
- Place bags, suitcases, hats and other accessories on top of the wardrobe. Meanwhile, use the lower part of the wardrobe for shoes or sports equipment.
- Use dividers and organisers to keep all your clothes and accessories like scarves, ties and scarves neat and tidy.