The registration period is already open for the 9th edition of Porcelanosa Architecture and Interior Design Awards, and we stop to take a look at one of the categories: Future Projects.
This section, which will reward the creativity and originality of professionals and students, is based on the design of a concept store, an establishment that will function both as a shop and a restaurant.
In connection with the shop, this will be a free subject, chosen by the designer himself, either in fashion, books, décor, accessories or food; or some of them integrated in the same space.
What has to be reflected with accuracy and exhaustiveness is the very essence of a concept store, merely that of transferring their business function to become an establishment in which the experiences offered to visitors are the most relevant. That is why the “concept store” is defined as a combination of commercial and social space. It can combine restoration, the sales of items and even cultural and social meetings in the same establishment.
This unique “concept store” design project can be integrated into a larger commercial space like a shopping centre or it may be an independent establishment. The entrant will have to design the space whilst taking into account the distribution and the exhibitors.
Among the specifications for the materials from PORCELANOSA Group that must be included in the project are the following:
– The restaurant section in the “concept store” must integrate, in the same space, a dining room and a kitchen, being obligatory to be shown to the customer. Moreover, the kitchen must include a kitchen worktop made of the KRION® Solid Surface mineral compact, a material of infinite properties such as high resistance and antibacterial power.
– The bathrooms in the “concept store” should be defined. They may be used for the bathroom design materials from PORCELANOSA Group such as taps, sanitary ware, porcelain basins or complements from Noken; the natural stone washbasins from L’Antic Colonial; or the KRION® acrylic stone basins from Systempool.
– Regarding floor and wall coverings, the floor tiles and ceramic wall tiles from Porcelanosa and Venis can be included as well as the natural wood, natural stone or mosaics from L’Antic Colonial. The wide range of the high resistant technical porcelain collections from Urbatek or the thermocurvable, backlit, high quality and durability wall tile from KRION® can also be taken into account.
– Kitchens must have kitchen furniture from Gamadecor
– The project may have the technology and the cutting edge building systems from Butech
With regard to the assessment of the submitted projects, the jury will consider aspects such as the unification and harmonization of the two spaces of the “concept store” (shop and restaurant); an interior coherence between all designed spaces will be appreciated. A new and original use of different materials; design and create new decorative products, structures or furniture.
The time period for nominations is open for entries until April 4, 2016. Find out about all the details of the event through this link.